Sunday, October 1, 2017

Week Thirty-Seven!!! 8-14-17

GUESS WHAT FAMILY, I WAS CALLED THIS MORNING TO BE A TRAINER THIS CYCLE. I am going to be a nanay (mom) and iIm going to have an anak (daughter) this week! I'm SO excited!!! I get to go to Cauayan on Tuesday, spend the night there, and then I will meet my anak Wednesday morning. Then we will get to come back to Enrile together. SO IN OTHER NEWS Sister Hiatt heard from someone that my stitches would dissolve BUT it had been a long time, and they WERE DEFINITELY NOT DISSOLVING. In fact, they were HURTING ME ALOT. So this week, I got to play doctor and I took out my stitches myself. So now I am feeling a lot better. From what she was told, Sister Hiatt told me NOT to go back to the doctor, because the stitches were gonna dissolve. But the skin on top of the cut was completely healed, so the stitches were just keeping it from healing. And then on the bottom of the cut, the doctor overlapped the skin so much that it wouldn't heal while the stitches were in. There was just no way. So I took them out myself very carefully. So anyway, there is like specific food that everyone cooks at EVERY FIESTA, and that is THE ONLY food that people have. It's like 4 different dishes, and I'm not sure what any of them are called, haha. Sister Langi really, really likes to cook fried chicken or adobo in our house, so we eat that a lot, hahahaha. I'm really going to miss being companions with Sister Langi so much. She's so dang funny! I really love all the Tongan sisters in the mission. I've been teaching her to speak with an American accent (because she speaks like a Tongan. Her English isn't as good as Sister Fookz's English), so it's super funny to teach her. I miss good American food so much. I miss good bread and butter, and steak, and I REALLY just want a funnel cake. Is that too much to ask from a small American sister missionary in the middle of the Philippines??? BUT, the good news is that I can walk without crutches!!! But I still walk with a limp. Sadface. I still can't bend my knee really or move it too much. Actually, we got the transfer list texted to us this morning, and it said Sister Langi will be transferred. I was a little upset, because its so, so, SO hard to work here in Enrile, because it's literally just so much walking, and so that's been a little bit tough for me. Also everyone, and I mean EVERYONE thought that I was gonna get transferred to the city (most likely Cauayan), so when I saw the transfer list, I told Sister Langi that I was gonna wait until 10AM, and then I was gonna call President to request to be transferred. It's just too hard for me here in my condition. And then at 9:30, the AP's called to tell me that President Hiatt has called me as a trainer! SO, I get to stay here, HAHAHA. But it's okay, because I know that the Lord will help me fulfill this calling, and I know that it's the Lord's sign to me that he really wants me to stay here for some reason even if it's hard for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment