Monday, November 20, 2017

Week Fourty-Eight!!! 10-30-17

Hello family,

This week was a really good one. We were able to witness three of our investigators enter the gates of baptism and the other sisters in our ward had a baptism as well so it was a big deal for our ward. It's nice how supportive our ward is to our work here. We are also looking forward to three more baptisms this week as well. 

This week as well we are so grateful for the Ramos family, they are always so good to us. This last week Sister Heidi called us early in the morning and invited us over for dinner that night. Later that night they came and picked us up from our area to take us to dinner, but then they told us that they had come home late from work, so they didn't have time to cook for us. So instead they just took us to eat out which was a super fun time for us. We are so grateful for for the love that the ramos family has for us, we love them a LOT. 

One experience that I really like was something that happened last night when we had a lesson with some of our converts from Saturday and we all read the Book of Mormon together in First Nephi, Chapter One. One of the converts surprised us by asking a lot about Lehi. He was confused what happened to the record of Lehi, because the Book of Mormon starts with Nephi, even though Lehi is the first prophet. We had a great opportunity to talk about the lost pages of the Book of Mormon and what happened to them. We were so glad and impressed by how deeply this young convert was contemplating the Book of Mormon.

Today marks my 11 months in the field and I'm so sad by how fast the time has gone here. It's so weird to think about how little time I have left here, but it makes me really want to make sure I make my time here count. I love you guys, thank you for all the ways you guys support me, I sure miss all you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment