Monday, June 26, 2017

Week Twenty-Eight!!!

Well, we had interviews with President Hiatt and he told me that what his plan is right now (nothing is set yet). So, we have 4 missionaries in our ward, right? Enrile A and B. We are B. Enrile A has the main town and roads, and we have ALLLLL of the bukid and barrio. So, what President Hiatt wants to do (because the mission is losing a lot of sisters and not gaining many sisters and because our area has been rough lately) is he wants to combine the two areas, and pull out 2 sisters to move them somewhere else. He wants to keep me here, and have me be the follow-up trainer of one of the sisters from Enrile A, who is training right now. She is also full Tongan, and I get along with her more than anyone else in the house, so we are really hoping that it happens, haha. So it means our area will be HUGE, but President Hiatt will only want us to focus on the area of strength which will be closest to the church meeting house. And here, they speak Tagalog, Ilocano, and Etowis. Etowis is only spoken here in Tuguegarao South. And a LOT of the old people only speak Etowis. But, they know more English than Tagalog, hahah. I'm okay at Tagalog. Sometimes, it's super easy for me, and other times it's hard. And it's hard being with Sister Perez, because she grew up in the states, but she is full Filipino. So she picked up the language fast, because her parents speak Tagalog to them at home, so she's kinda impatient and snooty sometimes, because I simply don't know the language. But I gave her a long talk about how that's not the case. Me and sister Fukofuka were both foreigners who couldn't speak the language perfectly, but our area in Bambang was more progressive than the area here, even though they could both speak straight Tagalog, and had no problems with the language. 

The bugs are HUGE HERE. That's why it's nice in Bambang, but not here. ITS TERRIFYING HERE! I killed a spider the size of a penny, but that was just one of the small ones. There are bigger ones here. IN OUR HOUSE. 

OH MY GOODNESS, YOU GOT A BABY BOXER!!! HE IS SO CUTE! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIM WHEN I GET HOME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment